2003 Upper Bufford Circle
St. Paul, MN 55108
- Application for admission to the Conservation Sciences Program.
- Submitting GPAS Degree Program.
- Degree completion steps and other program requirements.
- Travel funds for professional seminar presentations.
Ph.D. University of Minnesota
Fields of Interest
Forest carbon accounting and monitoring; large mammal conservation; habitat management and restoration through community participation; use of Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing for landscape level planning and management; training manpower to strengthen community based conservation and forest carbon accounting.
Identifying remaining natural habitats outside current global protected area system for biodiversity conservation and carbon sequestrations. My goal is to use latest available scientific tools to design, develop, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate natural resource management strategies to maximize wildlife conservation, ecosystems services and reducing carbon emissions from forest and other land use changes . I bring to this effort a strong belief in a multi-stakeholder and interdisciplinary approach that encompasses collaboration of ecologists, sociologists and economists working with indigenous people, local communities and government agencies.
- Dinerstein, E., A. R. Joshi, C. Vynne, A. T. L. Lee, F. Pharand-Dechênes, M. França, S. Ferando, T. Birch, K. Burkart, G. P. Asner, D. Olson. 2020. A “Global Safety Net” to reverse biodiversity loss and stabilize Earth’s climate. Science Advances, 04 Sep 2020:Vol. 6, no. 36, eabb2824 DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.abb2824
- Dinerstein, E., C. Vynne, E. Sala, E., A. R. Joshi, S. Fernando, T. E. Lovejoy, J. Mayorga, D. Olson, G. P. Asner, J. E. M. Baillie, N. D. Burgess, K. Burkart, R. F. Noss, Y. P. Zhang, A. Baccini, T. Birch, N. Hahn, L. N. Joppa, E. Wikramanayake. 2019. A Global Deal For Nature: Guiding principles, milestones, and targets. Science Advances. 19 Apr 2019:Vol. 5, no. 4, eaaw2869. https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.aaw2869
- Packer, C., S. Shivakumar, V. Athreya, M. E. Craft, H. Dhanwatey, P. Dhanwatey, B. Gurung, A. Joshi, H. Kushnir, J. D. C. Linnell, N. M. Fountain‐Jones. 2018. Species-specific spatiotemporal patterns of leopard, lion and tiger attacks on humans. Journal of Applied Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1111/1365-2664.13311
- Dinerstein, E., D. Olson, A. R. Joshi, C. Vynne, N. D. Burgess, E. Wikramanayake, and Others. 2017. An Ecoregion-Based Approach to Protecting Half the Terrestrial Realm. BioScience (2017) 67 (6): 534-545. https://doi.org/10.1093/biosci/bix014
- Kauranne, T., A. R. Joshi, B. Gautam, U. Manandhar, S. Nepal, J. Peuhkurinen, J. Hämäläinen, V. Junttila, K. Gunia, P. Latva-Käyrä, A. Kolesnikov, K. Tegel and V. Leppänen. 2017. LiDAR-Assisted Multi-Source Program (LAMP) for Measuring Above Ground Biomass and Forest Carbon. Remote Sens. 2017, 9(2), 154; doi:10.3390/rs9020154
- Joshi, A. R., E. Dinerstein, E. Wikramanayake, M. L. Anderson, D. Olson, B. S. Jones, J. Seidensticker, S. Lumpkin, M. C. Hansen, N. C. Sizer, C. L. Davis, S. Palminteri, N. R. Hahn. 2016. Tracking Changes and Preventing Loss in Critical Tiger Habitat. Science Advances Vol. 2 (4), e150167. https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.1501675.
- Dinerstein, E., A. Baccini, M. Anderson, G. Fiske, G., E. Wikramanayake, D. McLaughlin, G. Powell, D. Olson, and A. Joshi, (2014), Guiding Agricultural Expansion to Spare Tropical Forests. Conservation Letters. https://doi.org/10.1111/conl.12149
- Joshi, A.R., K. Tegel, U. Manandhar, N. Aguilar-Amuchastegui, N. Chand, R. B. Dangi, A.N. Das, E. Dinerstein, A. Eivazi, L. Gamble, B. Gautam, K. Gunia, M. Gunia, D. Hall, J. Hämäläinen, M. Hawkes, A. Joshi, C. Joshi,V. Junttila, S. K. Gautam, Y. Kandel, P. Kandel, T. Kauranne, R. Koirala, A. Kolesnikov, P. Latva-Käyrä, S. Lohani, S. M. Nepal, J. Niles, U. Nocker, B.N. Oli1, J. Peuhkurinen, Y. Pokharel, G. Powell, P. Rana, S.M. Shrestha, T. Suihkonen, G. J. Thapa. (2014). An accurate REDD+ Reference Level for Terai Arc Landscape, Nepal using LiDAR Assisted Multi-source Program (LAMP). Banko Jankari 2014 (1):23-33.
- Joshi, A. R., E. Dinerstein, and J. L. D. Smith. 2002. The Terai Arc: Managing Tigers and Other Wildlife as Metapopulation. In Terristrial Ecoregions of the Indo-Pacific: Conservation Assessment by Wikramanayake, E., E. Dinerstein, C. J. Loucks et al. Island Press. 645 pp